Tuesday, July 1, 2014

New Author Alert!


NEW AUTHOR ALERT




I have decided to include a new author or aspiring writer segment hopefully at least once a month, if not twice.
Anyone, who would like to be included, please contact me, my links are at the bottom of the page.
Please, give a warm welcome to new author Robin A. Stevens whose first book called Delivered is available for purchase and the links are below. 

                                                                   Robin A. Stevens


Tell us a little bit about yourself

 I was born and raised in Greensboro, NC and this is where I have made my home.  I share it with my wonderful son, Michael who is about to become a father.  I am so looking forward to the birth of my first grandchild in September. Our family is expanding and I could not be happier.  When I am not working and writing, I love nature walks and visits to the beach and the mountains. This is where I get most of my inspiration to write.  Back in 2000 I was in an abusive relationship and it was from this that I started to write.  Writing has been a way of escape and a tool for healing.  It is where I find most of my peace.

Thanks Robin for sharing your story and I'm so glad that out of an abusive relationship you were able to create something wonderful. Congratulations, on your book release, what an achievement, and congratulations on becoming a grandmother, how exciting.   

1. How long have you been writing?

I have been writing since December of 2000 and have written over 40 stage plays and skits.  I have also written many song lyrics, poems and monologues.  This is my first novel.

2. What do you write about?

I mainly write about human relationships.  Most of my stage plays are about issues that arise in family, couple, and church relationships, issues that otherwise would cause a person to turn away from love and acceptance and even forgiveness.  My book is about a secret between two adults that cause division in their family and lead a young girl down the wrong path.

3.What age is your book aimed at?
My plays, book, aims at people between the ages of 30 and 60.  I find that in this age range, we have most of our situations that bring about separation from each other and from God.

4. How have you found the journey to publication?
The journey to publication has been wonderful.  I have been busier with promoting the book and scheduling signings but I have enjoyed every minute.

5.How long do you spend writing?
 On a typical day, after working 9 hours on my day job, I may spend several hours writing.  When I have an idea in my head or new revelation for a book or play, I may spend every evening writing the story until I am finished.

6.What sort of books do you read and do you have a favorite author?
I read fiction and non-fiction books but my passion is love stories and mystery novels.  I do not have a favorite author, but enjoy Jackie Collins, Zane and James Rollins to name a few.

8. Where do you get inspiration from?
I have to say most of my inspiration comes from God.  My life has been filled with ups and down, joys and sorrows and it from these situations and circumstances, I have found my pen.

9. How do you deal with self-doubt?
The way I deal with self-doubt is to take a moment to look at all I have accomplished, to meditate and pray and then encourage myself by calling my best friend, or others who constantly encourage me.

10. What does the future hold for you?
I have already started writing a second novel and will write my autobiography in 2015. 

11. What is your book called and what is it about? 

Delivered is a fiction novel about a woman named Heaven, who from the time she could talk had questions about her identity. This was because she did not favor anyone in her immediate family and others outside of her family questioned whether she was adopted. Family secrets tore her family apart.   Because of this, Heaven traveled down the road to being every man’s desire.  She felt that because they worshiped her, this was her life’s mission, her destiny.  



Thank you so much Robin for giving us your time and I wish you all the luck in the world with this release and all your future books. Keep in touch and would love to hear back from you in the future to let us know how things are going. Hugs and kisses. Good luck on your book signing. 




Delivered can be purchased on xlibris.com, amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com.  

You may also visit my author page on www.facebook.com/rhabirites and there are excerpts available on 

www.facebook.com/unofficialdelivered.


If anyone would like to be featured in the New Author segment, please message me on my FB page, cheers Jen.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jennifer-Davies/1421409368089313?ref_type=bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment