Tuesday, March 7, 2017

What's happening in March



                Wow, well it's pretty hard to follow in the wake of Melissa's story, I can tell you!

There were over 500 views for that post alone, holy guacamole. Every month, I will post and share stories about women overcoming the challenges that life throws in their path.  I hope the stories help and inspire you.

                        What I take from Melissa's story is the belief that you must, "Do What You Love."

There are statements out there that hint at doing what you love, and the money will follow or by doing what you love you'll never have to work a day in your life. Well, here's my take. I work hard. I take every opportunity to push myself and grow as a writer. I have a long way to go. There are courses, I need to attend, and more books, I need to read.

There will always be more to do!

I don't believe you ever stop learning and growing as an artist. I do what I love, the money has yet to follow. Although, I work odd hours, it never feels like a drudge. It is hard work. There are times when the writing doesn't come easy, and the reviews aren't there. BUT when you have that moment of clarity when your character speaks to you, or you play out a scene and find the RIGHT words, those moments are precious.

When a reader is excited and lets you know, those are the best, and I hold on to those because I love what I do.

                                                                   
                                                           What's Happening in March.      


                                                                       



I will be in Portsmouth on Friday March 31st, signing and selling all my books, come along, grab a beer, and a copy of my books. If you mention seeing this post from my FB page, Twitter or Instagram you will receive a discount!









No comments:

Post a Comment