Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Promise

The above is the title of my fictional book and it encapsulates many meanings to me. I have chosen it for this weeks title as a reminder to myself of the promise I made ,many months ago, which was to complete the book I had started to write over a year ago.I have been trying to follow my personal legend ,broaden my horizons, push myself to the limit, and endeavour to achieve something creative and wonderful.It is a process of learning at times painful, and emotionally challenging. But no matter what life throws at you, I realise you have to keep going, ignoring what ever else is going on or being said and just finish the task in hand.

With the Thanksgiving holiday, and my son's sixth birthday time has been limited to write so I have spent some time gathering research. I had a lovely evening with a group of teenagers, where we discussed several issues concerning the High school experience. It was a very interesting session, and very helpful, thanks so much for your time and input. I would like to do a follow up probably by email. I may  also have another avenue to explore for research into the area of music and in particular, experience with creating and the setting up a band, which I need to follow up on. This would be so beneficial to have.

Several years ago I had  ideas about writing a non fiction book, it was going to be based around the teenagers experience in high school and the pressure that is placed upon them,. How they deal with this, and the desire of the child / parent to conform to what is expected in today's American society. I have observed children from a young age being so regimented by sports after school activities that they don't get the chance to experience a normal childhood not the kind that I had. Times have greatly changed  and their are many arguments for a great debate on childhood and adolescence which I don't want to get into. I never started to write that book. maybe one day I will.

However the book I am currently writing deals with teenagers it is a love story that looks at the issues that are relevant to them and I hope offers another opinion it is fictional and so has the element of the incredible and unbelievable woven in but also touches on real issue's of sex, respect, and the choices they face at this age.My work maybe not as productive as I would hope over the next couple of weeks with Christmas,  but I will when I can continue to work as hard as possible to complete my book. I continue to have faith and the belief I can finish my .journey. Again I would like to say a big thanks to those who offer me support and encouragement .

No comments:

Post a Comment