Monday, December 14, 2015

Windham, New Hampshire, local fiction Author




I am delighted to introduce my lovely writer friend Jennifer Smith, who shares my passion and determination for crafting stories that readers will love. Her debut adult fiction novel Flying Backwards was released in August 2015, and she is currently working on a fantasy trilogy!  


Jennifer W Smith lives in a quaint New Hampshire town with her husband and two children. Her kitty, a beautiful blue-eyed Balinese is always nearby, and she’s recently adopted a four-year-old collie who’s made herself at home.  She debuted her first woman’s fiction novel in late August of 2015 titled FLYING BACKWARDS.


                                             About the book: FLYING BACKWARDS

Would it be exciting to travel to exotic places, meet a man who makes your heart summersault, and become a person you admire?  Eleanor (Nora) Clark realizes the key to an interesting life is eluding her. Never leaving the small Pennsylvania town she grew up in, living in a house her fiancĂ© bought his ex-girlfriend, and spending weekends helping in the family business. She realizes life is passing her by as her twenty-ninth birthday looms on the horizon. Why hasn’t she taken any gutsy chances in life?

On a whim, she applies to become a flight attendant. Suddenly, she is jetting off to London, Rome, and St. Petersburg where she finds herself romantically entangled with three very different suitors. Eleanor’s new life exceeds all her wildest dreams.
To find fulfillment, Eleanor must discover success, confidence, friendship, and love. As her daydreams become reality, the choices she makes both build and break her heart. But her last choice decides it all.





                                                                    USA AMAZON

                                                                     UK AMAZON

I thought it might be fun to ask you some questions so the readers out there can get to know you a little better....
1.      Who is your favorite author and do you aspire to write like him or her?
I don’t have one favorite author. I think it’s their particular story that touches me and sticks with me. If you read a lot, it’s like treasure hunting, and I know I get excited when I finish that one book in a pile of many, that I could start reading all over again.
2. How do you come up with ideas for your stories?
I like history, traveling, reading…things in my everyday life spark ideas, and then, I hunt down more information to support my budding story.
3. Your first book was an adult fiction story and I hear you're writing an adult fantasy trilogy. Was that switch hard for you and what was the inspiration behind that series?
Switching from mainstream romance to fantasy isn’t hard for me. Both require believable characters and a solid storyline. It’s a little more fun writing fantasy because I get to invent a new realm and all the creatures in it. When I was a teenager I was writing fantasy, so I decided to give it another go.

4. Being a busy mom, with two kids, how do you manage your writing? 
I write around their schedules, mostly when they are at school. I’m the mom on her laptop in the parking lot during dance and soccer practice.

5. You are a self-published author, do you think you will try to submit to a traditional publisher?
During the last nine months, I’ve finished my first novel and set out to publish it on my own. I’ve worked so hard learning how to hire an editor, cover artist, build my own website, market, and so much more. I’m not saying I’ll never submit to a traditional publisher, but I’m doing pretty well on my own.

6. Any advice for aspiring authors?
Becoming an author was a dream come true for me. I worked hard to make it happen, that said, it was my passion. So if having a book published is your passion, it is attainable.

7. Aside from writing and being a mom what hobbies do you enjoy?
I’ve dabbled in many things from scrapbooking to knitting, but I always enjoy traveling to interesting places and learning local traditions. I also love jigsaw puzzles – I think of it as linking a story together.

8. How do you cope with stress or bad days when nothing is going right?
As Scarlett O’Hara  said “Tomorrow is another day.”

9. What is the BEST part about being an author?
Aside from personal fulfillment of achieving a life-long goal, when a stranger tells me they LOVE my story, not only is it validating, but humbling and my heart swells. Also, if I can be an inspiration to others, that too, brings me great joy.

10. What do you see happening for you as an author in 2016?
In 2016, I’ll be working on writing and releasing three books in the Broken Water Series. I’ll be releasing the first book in this adult fantasy series The Lavender Pearl in the spring. The second book in the Broken Water Series is being worked on now, and may be released as early as the fall of 2016. I will also be scheduling book signings and I look forward to meeting fans!

WEB SITE

AUTHOR FACEBOOK PAGE

TWITTER




                                     















No comments:

Post a Comment