Thursday, March 17, 2016

Guest author on board!


Welcome to Guest Author D. L. Cocchio 




                                  D. L. Cocchio is fascinated by all things mystical and magical. Born and raised in New Jersey, she weaves these topics into all of her stories. The author of four novels, Cocchio has a degree in Psychology and Education. A former elementary school teacher, she now works in the business world by day and is an author by night. She is currently working on Book 2 in The Psychic Circle Series. Debbie lives in Northern New Jersey with her husband, daughter, and a crazy black and white cat. She is available for author events such as book talks, panel discussions, school visits, and signings.




                                                               


The Psychic Circle
Book 1 of the Psychic Circle Series
Souls Entwined
Sixteen-year-old Rachel’s psychic world is shaken when Billy introduces her to telepathy and astral travel, awakening her desire for more spiritual adventure. She can’t get enough. Together with a teenage shaman, a healer, a psychic and a witch, they form “The Psychic Circle” to secretly explore the paranormal.
Romance blossoms between Rachel and Billy as they realize they have such a strong connection. Could Rachel possibly have found her soul mate? But when Rachel’s best friend becomes jealous and causes issues using black magic, it can sabotage her chance at having the true love she’s been yearning for.
Now Rachel must decide if she should fight fire with fire in order to protect and pursue this obvious soul connection. After all, all’s fair in love and war, right?


Books Available:



The Psychic Circle ~Souls Entwined (Book 1)     So You Wanna Read Tarot?                                     Be Careful What You Wish For (Book 1)             Magic By Moonlight (Book 2)


 
What inspires you to write?
I have always loved to write, ever since I can remember. As a kid, I would spend most of my summers reading and writing. I think it was a great escape, being able to create a fantasy world. Mostly, I am inspired by places I visit and people I meet. I tend to be able to weave a story around the things that interest me. They say to write about what you know and love, so I do.

How did you come up with the story of a psychic circle?
My friends and I started a meditation group where we would practice meditation, learn about tarot cards, crystals, energy, and whatever else a member would bring to the group. It was all about experimentation. Some of our experiences were wild and crazy. We thought that no one would ever believe some of the incredible stuff that happened to us. Well, I kept a journal of our meetings and it lead to my book.

Are all of the adventures in the book true?
Many of the adventures are true. Some of the experiences that we had together blew our minds. They were incredible. I am hoping that readers will learn to be cautious and protect themselves when exploring the psychic realm. It can be tons of fun, but also can be dangerous.  The romance between the two main characters is purely fiction, though- what is a young adult book without romance?

Will the saga continue?
I plan on writing two more books in the Psychic Circle Series. I am hard at work writing book two. I will post more on that as it develops on my website: http://www.dlcocchio.webs.com.

What was your favorite book growing up?
I think I read the entire mystery section of the local library in about two summers. I loved the Nancy Drew type books. In high school, my favorite book was Lord of the Flies.

What is a book on your To Read Bucket List?
I have been meaning to read something like Switched by Amanda Hocking. I came across her blog and wanted to check out her writing. I love to read the YA genre.

Do you have a favorite author?
Some of my favorite authors are: Alyson Noel (Immortal Series), Kelley Armstrong (Summoning, etc.), Addison Moore (3:AM Kisses series), Jennifer Armentrout (Lux series and Wicked Trilogy) and Cait Tiernan (Sweep Series).

If you were stranded on an island, which book would you want with you? Why?
I would probably want to have a classic like Swiss Family Robinson. It might give me some survival ideas and provide good reading.

What advice to you have for writers?
To keep on writing, rewriting and rewriting some more. That’s what perfects your work. Let friends read it and comment. And most of all… never give up!

What is your hobby?
My hobbies are reading and writing, of course. And I enjoy doing crafts.





                                                                   





LINKS
Twitter: @dlcocchio


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the opportunity to be a guest author on your blog! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete