Thursday, April 28, 2016

ALERT--- Author Interview





                                                                               MY BIO
Debbie De Louise is a reference librarian at a public library on Long Island. Her mystery romance novel, “A Stone’s Throw” was published November 2015 by Limitless Publishing. Her first novel, “Cloudy Rainbow” received an honorable mention in the Writer’s Digest self-published awards. She was awarded the Lawrence C. Lobaugh Memorial Award in Journalism from Long Island University/C.W. Post where she earned a B.A. in English and a M.L.S. in Library Science.  A member of the Cat Writer’s Association, she has published articles in Cats Magazine, Catnip (Tufts University Veterinary Newsletter), and Catster. Her short mystery, “Stitches in Time” was published in the Cat Crimes Through Time Anthology. 



                                                                    




She lives on Long Island with her husband, daughter, and two cats and is currently working on a second Cobble Cove mystery and a standalone suspense novel.

My second book was “Cloudy Rainbow,” a paranormal romance featuring a cat and a virtual séance. I self-published this book through Booklocker.com. My current novel is “A Stone’s Throw” published by Limitless Publishing, and I am working on the sequel as well as a new standalone suspense novel.



                                    




I love interviewing authors and today I have the greatest pleasure in talking with Debbie De Louise....

1. When did you start writing? I’ve been writing since I was young, but my first published works were articles that were published in the late 1990’s. My first published short story was in an anthology published in 1999, and my first book was published in 2008.

2. What genre do you write and why? This isn’t an easy question. It’s hard to define a particular genre for my works. All of them include romance and mystery. “Cloudy Rainbow” was classified a paranormal romance, while “A Stone’s Throw” was considered a cozy mystery. I see my new standalone, tentatively titled, “Sea Scope,” as a mainstream novel of suspense.

3. How do you plan your story before you start writing? I’m a pantster which means I don’t create detailed outlines or character sketches beforehand but work with a flexible one as I write. I start with a general idea, and then the story develops as I go.

4.How long from the idea of the next book until completion? It usually takes me two months to finish a first draft, and my novels tend to be 80K or higher. It takes a few months longer for me to edit and revise it, so the total time is usually around 4 to 6 months before I am able to submit it to a publisher.

5. Do you use Beta-readers ? Yes. I’ve had some very nice fellow authors read my rough drafts, and they’ve been immensely helpful providing useful feedback.

6. What are the pro's & con's of the publishing world today? The pro’s are it’s a great feeling to know your work is being read especially when you get good reviews and comments from fans. It’s also fun to create characters and plots that come alive. I always enjoy reading my own books as I write them. The con’s mostly consist of the effort involved in marketing and promoting the book after it is published and, of course, finding a publisher or agent to begin with because the field is very competitive and people are reading less books today.

7.If you could interview another author who would it be and why? I’m a fan of Nora Roberts and believe she’s a very down-to-earth person despite her success. I think I’d like to interview her.

8. Tell us about your books and the characters? The theme of Cloudy Rainbow is death but not in a negative way but in a way that is a part of life. It touches upon reincarnation and something known as soul transfer that I read about in a Greg Isles novel. The main character, a computer programmer, has lost her fiancée in a tragic accident. She is also losing her old cat. I wrote this right after I’d lost my cat, Floppy, and the cat in this book is named after him. I won’t give away much more, but there is a new romance that develops in the story for the main character and a virtual world. The timeline moves back and forth through time as the plot connects.
 

A Stone’s Throw is about a librarian whose husband is killed in a hit and run accident and who decides to visit his old hometown to see if she can locate his family who were estranged from him for unknown reasons. She travels to the small upstate town of Cobble Cove (fictional name) where she meets a newspaper publisher, also widowed, who she falls in love with. As the story develops and she meets the other quirky residents and ends up accepting a job to work in the town library, some strange events occur that lead her to wonder if her new lover had something to do with her husband’s death.

9. What does the future hold for you? I wish I knew. I’m hoping to continue writing. I’ve already finished a sequel to “A Stone’s Throw” and hope to write a few more books in the series if there’s enough interest. I also hope to publish “Sea Scope” and would like to find an agent to represent it. I want to continue to build my fan base and eventually write full time after I retire in about ten years, so it would be great to get some titles behind me by then and a good number of followers.

                                                       



Connect with me on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/debbie.delouise.author/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Deblibrarian

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2750133.Debbie_De_Louise

Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Debbie-De-Louise/e/B0144ZGXPW/

Website/Blog/Newsletter Sign-Up: https://debbiedelouise.wordpress.com





Here are the buy links for a Stone’s Throw:

Buy links for A STONE’S THROW:

Amazon U.S.: KINDLE: http://amzn.to/1MjaJgN

Amazon Australia: http://bit.ly/1Sdh82D

Amazon Canada: http://amzn.to/1SdheHi

Amazon U.K.: http://amzn.to/1QutXBW

Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/1nQPyv4

Kobo: http://bit.ly/1KGYHep

Also available on iTunes and Ingram



Buy links for CLOUDY RAINBOW:












Booklocker.com (paperback and ebook – pdf only): http://booklocker.com/books/3754.html

Amazon (paperback only): http://amzn.to/1Tv3xBv   
             



                                                   


If you want to know more about Debbie, she will be at   THE VINEYARDS OF ALLEGRETTI RELEASE PARTY . There are prizes up for grabs swing by!

No comments:

Post a Comment