Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Author Chats! Danielle Doolittle.



I would like to welcome my fellow Secret Craving Author Danielle Doolittle. Her book Regret is a YA novel and I am delighted that she is able to share a few details about herself and the book with us. Thank you!


Biography 
Danielle Doolittle has always had a knack for storytelling. When she completed her first work of fiction at age six about a bunny and particularly juicy carrot she was hooked. Years later, she's spinning tales of first loves, awkward moments, and the occasional creature that goes bump in the night.
She lives in the wilds of a Northwest Ohio college town with her husband and three small children where she consumes above average amounts of coffee and dark chocolate and spends way too much time on Twitter.
She loves to hear from readers so don't be shy!
Twitter: @elledoo

Blurb:
Eighteen-year-old Penelope Green doesn't have any reason to believe her senior year will be anything but ordinary.
Boy was she wrong...

There's a new family in her small Martha's Vineyard community and they're about to flip her world upside down; none more so that the brooding, wide-shouldered Kane Whitmore.

Connected in ways she never dreamed possible, Penelope must trust Kane and her growing feelings for him as his family to guides her through her missing past and a world she never knew existed—a world she'd suddenly become the center of.
Learning she's a Guardian with the ability to heal she can handle. It's the dreams—both frightening and heart-wrenching—that nearly brings her to her knees. But when madman's vengeful plot puts her loved ones at risk, Penelope is willing to sacrifice anything to keep them safe...even her own life.

                                                                            

                                                                         
Excerpt:
I was alone, surrounded by cold black walls. They stretched on forever in both directions, like a never-ending hallway. I shivered and wrapped my arms around myself. That’s when I noticed my bare arms. I looked down at the flowing, white, nightgown I wore and didn’t remember putting on. My feet were bare on the cold stone floor.
“Hello? Is anyone there?”
There was no answer. I peered into the blackness in front of me. Where was I?
Something moved just ahead.
“Hello? Who are you?”
Suddenly light flooded the hall about ten feet in front of me. A triangle of light from an open door was like a beacon in this strange place. I felt my feet move toward it of their own volition, like they knew what was behind that door. My breath hitched as I moved closer to the light. What would I find in there?
Half afraid to open it the rest of the way for what I would find, I placed a hand on the cold wood. I had to look. Had to see. What if it was my only way out? I took a deep breath and pushed.
An elaborate bedroom greeted me. A fire burned in the grate and an enormous bed stood along the far wall. It was covered in a velvet comforter and dozens of pillows. The floor was covered in plush-looking, blood red carpet. The room was warm. So warm and inviting compared to the cold emptiness of the hallway outside. I stepped in before I could think of an excuse not to.
The door slammed shut behind me. I whirled around and tried to reopen it, but it was no use. The door was gone. I watched what was left of the knob melt into the wall, leaving behind unbroken dark wooden paneling.
“Hello, Penelope, my dear,” a deep voice oozed behind me. “I have been waiting for you a long time.”
I turned slowly to face the man who hadn’t been there moments before. He was seated in one of the chairs before the fire, swirling a dark red liquid in a crystal glass. He was beautiful in a cold way. Blonde hair picked up the reds of the blazing fire and his eyes flashed an arctic blue. His black button-down shirt showed off his broad shoulders. He looked to be around Julius’ age, in his mid-thirties. Despite his angelic looks there was something about him that frightened me. Maybe it was the vast emptiness in his icy eyes or the calculating smile playing on his lips. I wasn’t sure, but I knew I needed to get out of there and fast.
“How do you know my name?”
I mustered up as much bravado as I could, squared my shoulders and held his gaze as I demanded he answer me. He let loose a chillingly mocking laugh.
“Oh this truly is going to be fun. I haven’t had fun in so long, Penelope. You want me to have fun don’t you?”
What was this guy talking about? Not only was he a creep, but I got the feeling he was a little on the crazy side. Not a good combination.
“No answer, Penny dear? Oh poo, I so wanted to play with you a little while first.” He shrugged and sat his drink down on the side table. “I guess it’s down to business then, is it?”
Suddenly he lunged at me, moving faster than should have been possible. His mouth spread in a wide grin. That’s when I noticed his teeth, particularly his elongated canines. He was an Other.
I screamed then saw nothing but light.

Buy Links:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Regret-Guardians-1-Danielle-Doolittle-ebook/dp/B00NU3M2J6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414459490&sr=8-1&keywords=danielle+Doolittle
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/regret-danielle-doolittle/1120383982?ean=2940150316522
Sweet Cravings Store: http://store.sweetcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=4&products_id=239

Don't forget to add REGRET to your Goodreads to-read list!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23252665-regret

No comments:

Post a Comment