Friday, October 29, 2010

Panic, frustration and school daze.

Hi fellow readers  sorry I am late, busy week. Maybe you can sense my feelings by this weeks title. I could add more, back ache, head ache and sore throat. It is amazing how many emotions you feel in one week, how many tiny things that you must get done, these  seem to creep in one by one so that you end up feeling as if you are always running. Anyway, even with the week being cut so much shorter than normal because of the two half days for teacher conference, reason for my sense of my fear, panic, and frustration. I realise that from now on, the rest of the year is going to pass by in a blur too. Most weeks in November have a day set aside for the kids to be off from school, taking into account curriculum days or inset days, holidays.We will be into December before we know it, and with all the frenzy that month brings of school activities, parties, buying presents and family visiting I feel I am getting an ulcer at the thought of how I am going to fit any work in !!!! No really part of me is joking I will fit it in!!!!

Believe you me, any time I have I spend glued to the computer, I am having to be very strict with my routine, my gym has been put on hold this week, which although I love going , I love writing more. However I did make it out for a walk, and coffee with some friends, which was my treat to myself, and a delight thanks, ladies!!!!Working my way through my manuscript I can now empathize with such author's as the great  Stephanie Meyer, and as to why and how she only took three months to complete hers . Because it is consuming, it is difficult to focus or give attention to anything or one else, so to get it finished as quickly as possible must be top  priority, when you have family. I feel this strongly for two reasons, 1. When you are in the throws of the story to stop break away means it is so much harder to get started again and you just want to keep going. So it is, work, work, work, it takes dedication, commitment, and a passion to see it through.I have them all. 2. Don't want to miss out with all the things that the kids are doing or want your attention for . The family needs to be so patient, and supporting during this time, as they are for the most part !!!!!

With the teacher conferences I am the one who goes, my husband working and at meetings so it is impossible for him to attend. I know the issues, know the teachers and love the kids getting excited as they manage the conference, and show me their work, as they are student led meetings, they want your admiration, need your support, so I am there. I am there cooking their tea or dinner as my friend would scold me, I am there to ensure they study, read their books, and do their homework. I have three at home that need this time, and attention.I help to organise crafts for the school Halloween party and arrange play dates for the kids so they are Happy, take them to their Art classes, and pick them up from their Ultimate sports events, drag them to their Basketball camps, and sign them up for a variety of Fall activities to further keep them, and in turn myself busy. Deal with the friction that is caused by having siblings who argue over who is in their seat, or who has had their candy, ipod, money, toothbrush sweatshirt?? You get the idea! Does, this happen in your house at 6am 2,30pm and anytime we are all in the car together. My boys punch each other to say hello, my voice is hoarse with telling them to be nice and not mean to each other argh!!!! Yet at the end of the day they settled in together in one of their rooms reading listening to music, they can be nice...sometimes I even got 2nd choice from my son who came home with his first ever bowl from pottery, guess who got 1st ????  This is my week to vent my frustrations sorry !!!!! Sorry then there was the day that Luke was sick and my back ached from the uncomfortable seat etc !!!!!

Having said all that I am writing, trying to stay calm, knowing it is my first attempt at such a project, so not to be too hard on myself. Yet I want to get to the end of the story so I can feel as if I have achieved that and then I need to go through everything and change things around until I am happy it is ready. Generally it is coming along fairly well, my husband did have to reinforce that I needed to save my work on the computer as I had been writing for so long and just closed the file. However, I must have automatically just pressed save, because if I hadn't I would not be here, but in some loony bin. However  he is good like that, telling me to do something after the horse is bolted!!! I do love him. I have now saved it onto a memory stick as I was concerned I would lose everything, which would not be my finest hour.I am about 5 chapters away from starting on the new work which is about where I thought I would be, so  with everything going on, this is great. I have called my next chapter the Sunday roast I took that name from my brother in laws radio show so I just wanted to let him know I am always thinking of them in many ways, and appreciate their help xxxx and input xxxx .

When you are writing for sometime it is funny how you begin to analyse the plot and the way it is going and the little things that you can add to it .For example in one part Mia the main female character has a necklace stolen  this piece has  quite a significant part to play.The necklace has more meaning that it seems, they have to  discover this, and then get it  back to help them in their quest. I love this, I had it in my  head that she would have this necklace,  the design and everything I wanted it to stand for, so I have used that into the design.Then I wanted to use the actual necklace to somehow be something they could use as a tool so I have written that as well .This I find so exciting and exhilarating, as I find it is in the details that the story seems more alive and real to me.

Anyway I know this week is a bit all over the place, letting you into my sometimes crazy world, but I love it. Time does go so quickly and there is not enough of it I try not to lose sight of what is important which is my family, they are my first concern, this comes a very close second . Also I came across an almost new copy of the idiots guide to getting published ... just fate!!!! .. it is quite a funny read, anyway had a brief look, through any publishers out there ??? In time, all in good time .Have to finish the book first !!!!

 "There are good days and there are bad days and this is one of them"
Lawrence Welk.
"Drama is life with the dull bits cut out"
Alfred Hitchcock.
That's all for now cheers Jen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment